Residences & Meal Plans
Residence fees range in price from $5,875 to $10,191 plus meal plan, depending on the building and room style.
These are the fees for the 2017-2018 year; 2018-2019 will be released in late May.
- Pitman Hall is Ryerson’s largest residence, with 14 floors and 566 rooms (single, double, paired and apartment style rooms). Meal plans are mandatory.
- As with all of our residence buildings, first-year students are given priority for Pitman Hall housing. Residence floors and room styles are open to all gender identities.
International Living/Learning Centre (ILC):
- The ILC is an 11-storey former hotel. It can accommodate 256 residence students (single- and double-style rooms). Meal plans are mandatory.
- As with all of our residence buildings, first-year students are given priority for ILC housing. Residence floors and room styles are open to all gender identities.
- HOEM residence opens in 2018 and is Ryerson’s largest residence, with 30 floors and 593 rooms. It features study rooms and lounges. The second floor includes a large student lounge, maker space, gym facilities, and yoga studio. All suites are fully furnished and include a kitchen, living room and single bedrooms.
Pitman Hall: Resident Advisors are located on each floor; Academic Links are assigned to each faculty and assist with academic resources; TV lounges on each floor; floor kitchens, laundry facilities, 24-hour security; cafeteria in the building; high-speed internet access. Four different room styles: single, paired, apartment, double. Mandatory meal plan.
ILLC: Resident Advisors are located on each floor; Academic Links are assigned to each faculty and assist with academic resources; common kitchen and TV lounges on each floor; cafeteria in building; laundry facilities; classes and conferences run in the non-residential areas of building; 24-hour security; high-speed internet access. Two different room styles: single, double. Mandatory meal plan.
HOEM: Find information about HOEM's suite types, amenities and services.
We do not guarantee residence for first-year students. When offering a space in residence, Ryerson University gives priority to first-year students traveling the furthest distance away from our campus.
You must complete a residence application form after accepting a Ryerson offer of admission. The first round of offers are made in mid-June. Offers continue to be made throughout the summer and school year until the waiting list is exhausted.
A $50 application fee is required with your application.
Meal plan values operate on a debit system. The total value of the meal plans is as follows (subject to change and based on 2017-2018 academic year):
Meal plans are mandatory in all residence buildings. You will receive half the total value of the meal plan in your first term, and the remaining half in the second term. The Light meal plan is available only for students assigned to Pitman Hall apartment-style.
- Phone 416-979-5284
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org